Saturday, November 10, 2012

Snacking With the Foodie: Finals Edition

It's finals season, kiddies!  And that means the Foodie has to sequester herself, studying like a maniac.  As such, she needs some handy-dandy snack food that makes staying in worth it. 

If there's one food I cannot live without right now, it's probably wasabi almonds.  Or popcorn.  Or wasabi almonds and popcorn, just not together.

It was just what happened to be in the room.  I still have Rick Bayless's limited-edition Key Lime-Avocado salsa in the minifridge, but I have no chips (Oh, the humanity!).  We bought the almonds by accident.  Who knew wasabi seasoning could look like cinnamon-sugar seasoning when no one's wearing their glasses and you're in a hurry?

I'm trying (trying!) to eat healthy here in the dorm.  It's tough because of the tastiness level of cafeteria cheese sticks and waffle fries.  In my humble opinion, these spicy almonds could be considered a healthy snack.  Firstly, they're almonds.  And the spicy coating?  Well, here's my logic: it makes me want to chug water like it's going out of style.  Better hydration is a good thing.  Thanks, blazing-hot snackies!

Sometimes I just substitute popcorn for dinner.  If I'm really not that hungry or I'm too lazy to go to the cafeteria, I can pop in a bag of lightly-salted popcorn and not have to worry too much about the meal (don't skewer me for this, guys! But really, who hasn't been there? Too hungry not to eat, not hungry enough for a real meal...).

Popcorn is technically a whole grain anyway, so...

Happy Snackin'

~AF

No comments:

Post a Comment